Backend Developer Polyora – full-time
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
As a world-leading supplier of high-tech polymer materials, Covestro aspires to benefit society and reduce the impact on the environment. Now we want more. With Polyora – our new start-up company, we’re shifting from selling goods to serving people. We aim to create a world of opportunity for all participants by introducing our new platform: SELECT. We empower entrepreneurs to collaborate to create new solutions so that they are free to connect, partner, trade, work, communicate, share knowledge and innovate together. Let’s build this new chemical universe.
Serving customers by creating a chemical universe: your job as a Backend Developer
SELECT works best when it’s collaborative, open and transparent. As a Backend Developer, you live and breathe connectivity. You aim for a modern architecture, while successfully handling different integrations. Your goal is to build engaging and interactive user experiences on our platform.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
Dream big, work hard and make it happen. Our ideal Backend Developer is full of ideas.
- Developing the SELECT network and assuring a viable connection to partner systems and platforms.
- Integrating new features and technologies that enhance our service platform.
- Maintaining and expanding the existing architecture of our entrepreneurial platform.
- Collaborating with our Frontend Developers and other team members to design more functional and efficient codes.
You’re refreshingly different: you’re creative, exciting and eager to challenge conventional ideas. Think lean, think pragmatic and think outside corporate processes. You like to experiment and test hypotheses to satisfy user needs, while adapting to change easily. In addition, you can clearly bring across ideas and information by using your outstanding communication skills.
Your background and skills:
Work with us, grow with us and achieve your goals
- An education in software development, computer science or a similar field
- Experience as a backend developer, with 2 years of experience with Java Enterprise Edition
- A deep understanding of IT processes, architectures and how to design interfaces
- Knowledge of concurrency and the ability to think parallel
- Know-how of web application development
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
We’re not just a network: we are a universe full of possibilities – for our clients and for you. We encourage you to grow and improve yourself by taking ownership of your work and organising it in the most efficient way. Working at Polyora means being comfortable, having fun and connecting with each other. It’s a place where we collaborate and aim to be friends in addition to colleagues.
We offer you:
Take a leap of faith: are you ready to evolve and grow our platform?
- A competitive compensation package, depending on your experience and education
- Flexibility in developing and shaping your role, and a lot of responsibility in your work
- The opportunity to build up our platform from the ground, while learning and growing
- To become part of a highly engaged (small) team in an inspiring co-working location.
Let’s make the start of your journey: apply by sending us your cv and cover letter via the 'Apply'
button. Together we can raise the bar and create a new chemical universe.
Eager to learn more this job or us? Give us a call: contact Daniel Wilde at Daniel.email@example.com
or +49 175 3023 845.