To meet the rapidly growing demand for data analysis expertise in our Health division, we are searching for a
Bioinformatician / Data Scientist
with hands-on programming experience
- Member of a multidisciplinary team of scientists, project managers and scientific assistants.
- Work in complex projects involving microbial genomics and microbiota profiling for our clients.
- Be involved in data management, supporting business intelligence, and maintaining the bioinformatics software infrastructure across the company, working in different disciplines and departments.
- Develop new algorithms and visualizations in close collaboration with scientific NIZO staff and experts from NIZO’s international customer base.
- BSc or MSc degree.
- 1-2 years of experience in an industrial or academic setting.
- To fit this role perfectly you are/have:
- Proficient with common bioinformatics tools
- Experienced in scripting in Python, R
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Experience in working in a Linux environment
- Familiar with Linux system administration
- Excellent communication skills
- Working experience in an (applied) scientific/biological research setting (such as molecular biology or microbiology), preferably within food or pharma industry, is a plus.
- Proficient in handling complex large data sets.
- Experience with analysis of next generation sequencing (NGS) data is a plus.
- Demonstrated potential to collaborate with experts across diverse scientific disciplines.
- An exciting and challenging international R&D and business environment, working with renowned customers and an interesting variety in projects.
- Multidisciplinary teams, generating business by translating science and technology to rewarding solutions.
- Opportunity to develop new algorithms.
- A challenging role on the cutting edge of applied science and data analysis methods.
- A recognized and leading contract research organization in which we create value by sharing our knowledge and by being open to feedback.
- Attractive compensation package: fixed salary, a minimum of 25 holidays plus 13 “ADV”-days, travel reimbursement and contribution free pension plan.
For more information contact Melle van Schaik, division manager Health (phone: +31 (0)318 659618, firstname.lastname@example.org
). The application procedure is coordinated by Drs. Loek Nederstigt, Human Resource Manager (email@example.com
Apply for this job!
You can apply for this position by sending your CV and motivation letter via our online application page
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
Keywords: Data Analyst, Data Analist Scientist, Bio Informatica, Bioinformatics, R&D Environment, Business Environment