SR DATA SCIENTIST
Ervaring: Professional, Management
Vakgebied: Analytics & Intelligence
Join us in our adventure and create your data science legacy!
At VodafoneZiggo we are incredibly excited about Advanced Analytics and the enormous potential for progress and innovation. VodafoneZiggo reaches 5 million mobile, 4 million TV and 3 million broadband customers in the Netherlands, all with unique behaviours and experiences. In our state of the art open source platform we store the tremendous amount of data that is generated every single second in our mobile and fixed networks. This means that we have a vast body of rich information, which if unlocked, can lead to something very special. The raison d'etre of Advanced Analytics is to improve; to support the business in unlocking its potential; to better serve our customers and to create opportunities for social good.
Whilst we have already committed a great deal of focus and investment towards the development of Advanced Analytics, it is still in its evolution phase here at VodafoneZiggo. This appointment provides a fantastic opportunity to build, grow and create legacy. We’re like a start-up within VodafoneZiggo, ready to go. It’s a great time to join - at the beginning - help shape our Advanced Analytics capability, and do things here for the first time.
This is what you do for our customer
Advanced Analytics cases are including, but not restricted to:
This is how you do it
- Predictive maintenance of our networks
- Improving cross- and deep sell of our products; reducing churn
- Product- and service recommendation
- Improving the customer’s satisfaction at all touch points and customer journeys
- Development of data driven services
- Smart Cities and IoT solutions
- Implementation of these cases will be achieved by:
- Creating Advanced Analytics products that provide actionable business insight
- Developing predictive and prescriptive models with large and varied datasets, working with a community of colleagues across Advanced Analytics, Technology, CRM, Customer Experience and Digital functions
- Contributing to the team by creation of reusable products and knowledge sharing
To contribute to this purpose you will need to:
- Advice (senior) management on the usage of Advanced Analytics products and act as a sparring partner
- Contribute to the development of self and others across the analytics community, ensuring Advanced Analytics is always evolving and at the cutting edge
- Come up with new ways to create a positive impact for our customers and our company, e.g. by improving existing data driven processes or new products
- Play a key role in realizing VodafoneZiggo’s ambition to become a true Data Driven company
- Explore, design, develop & test analytic models to industrialise insight into operations to solve real business problems with our state of the art Hadoop & Spark platform, using e.g. Python, R, Tableau and SQL
- Use data visualization to engage audience in a compelling way, enabling effective storytelling
- Carry out Proof of Concepts to convince the business of your (innovative) ideas
- Use a variety of datasets to test hypotheses, discover hidden relationships and provide actionable insights for customers and business of VodafoneZiggo
- Work in partnership with Technology and local BI and analytics teams to agree on pragmatic means of data provision to support use cases
- Collaborate with legal, privacy and reputation teams to work with our data in a compliant way
The Advanced Analytics team at VodafoneZiggo is expanding in Amsterdam. Led by Aziz Mohammadi, there is a great deal of energy and commitment within business and we are dedicated to hiring only the very best talent. We are creating a community of experts, who will work with each other and with our business to guide VodafoneZiggo on its Advanced Analytics journey. In this community there is a strong cooperation with our global teams which we can leverage for sharing experiences and globally created practices and products.
Who we are
VodafoneZiggo is the result of two strong Dutch companies joining forces, combining our customer base, networks and our data. Since January 2017 we have formed a powerful combination in the Netherlands. As a communication provider, we offer our clients the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, and internet. Our products and services inspire people, companies and society to come into contact with each other–whether they are on the road, at home or in the workplace. This year, October 2018 we will move to a fantastic new central office in the heart of Utrecht (Hoog Catherijne) where we build a central meeting place for employees. You will be working in this state of the art new office as well.
With over 8,000 employees, we are an ambitious, dynamic, and socially committed enterprise. Proud of our achievements and of the people we work with, we offer all our staff abundant opportunity for personal development.
You’ve got what it takes
Being a Senior data scientist at VodafoneZiggo requires you to be focused on both business and customer impact. You play a crucial role in the Advanced Analytics team, encouraging and challenging the team, stimulating teamwork, taking responsibility, steering novices, delegating work and hiring new team members. And needless to say, you like to have fun while you’re creating data science magic. If you recognize yourself in this profile, please read on.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- You are recognised as an expert in the community and are the go to person for technical questions (with deep statistical modelling expertise)
- You have the ability to take the lead role in complex projects (from technical side) and set clear technical guidelines for the team
- You write tutorials and give training (in and outside of VodafoneZiggo). You get invited to speak at conferences
- You have perfect interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- You love to work in a fast-paced environment using Agile/Scrum
- Analytical and expansive thinking with a strong desire to deliver and develop
Technical / professional qualifications:
You deserve it
- Master’s Degree or PhD in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Social Sciences, Data Journalism, or related fields
- Expertise in data manipulation: use of structured data tools (e.g., SQL), & unstructured data tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL)
- Proficient in at least one relevant programming language/tool: R, Python, Spark, Scala, Java, C++
- Proficient in statistical packages and Machine Learning libraries (e.g. Python Scikit-learn, SciPy and NLTK, Spark MLlib)
- Experience in digital data sets, e.g., social listening, social network analysis (nice to have)
- Familiarity with visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, D3)
- Exposure/interest in machine learning
You do it
- An ambitious employer. We want the best for you and your colleagues
- A good salary. Perfectly in line with your background
- Financial benefits. These include special agreements concerning annual leave, pension and other tax-friendly schemes
- Potential for growth. We offer full opportunities for growth. It’s up to you to take advantage of them
Are you in? Will you help us to build, grow and create the data science legacy at VodafoneZiggo? Now click on the 'Apply'
button and reply. Any questions? Please send our recruiter a message; firstname.lastname@example.org
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.