Utrecht, 36 hours
As a senior Software Engineer (SE) you are responsible for changing and running applications within IT Systems Risk & Finance – Data WRR cluster. As an experienced tester, you breath testing and will be the test lead within the team, meaning you’ll be involved in making sure that our testing strategy aligns with the goals of the bank and the team. Next to that you’ll be actively involved in testing the application.
You are capable of taking over the basic activities of other DevOps team members in case necessary (support, analyses, and development).
The domain Risk & Finance is one of five domains within IT Systems. Risk & Finance takes care of the development & maintenance for all Risk Management, Finance and HR systems of the Group.
With over 500 employees, Risk & Finance contributes significantly to the realisation of the Regulatory Roadmap under BCBS 239, safeguarding the bank’s licence per 1-1-2018
The domain comprises 4 delivery clusters. The delivery clusters are integrally responsible for Development and Operations of all IT systems within Rabobank’s Risk & Finance domain. These clusters are:
- R&F Data WRR: The delivery cluster consists of activities to realise & maintain the Credit Risk Data warehouse, Liquidity Risk Data warehouse as well as the Global Financial Data warehouse
- R&F Data Group & LBB: The delivery cluster consists of activities to realise & maintain the Group Data warehouse, LBB Data warehouse as well as the realisation of the FIRE programme
- R&F Functions: The delivery cluster consists of activities to realise & maintain global applications in the Credit Assessment, Capital Calculation (EC/RC), Internal as well as external reporting
- Business IT Services: This delivery cluster consists of activities to realise & maintain a large quantity of smaller systems supporting HR, Group Services, Business & Process Management, Procurement as well as Facility Management
Your position is in the Data WRR delivery cluster and within that cluster in the WRR Risk Data Delivery Unit. In this delivery unit the WRR Risk Data Warehouse (RDW) is being built and maintained. In the RDW, Credit- and Liquidity risk data is being stored.
Within WRR Risk Data the most commonly used technologies are: MS Team Foundation Server, MS SQL Server, MS SSIS, MS SSRS, .NET/C#, SpecFlow, XL Deploy.
You will be an active member of the DevOps team that works closely with other disciplines/roles.
As an T-shaped professional you are responsible for the whole life cycle (i.e. development, operations) of in-house or packaged applications according to development/test standards and corporate architecture policies including security and data privacy guidelines.
You strive for continuous improvement of development processes and contributing to fast and high quality release cycles. You organize work in a efficient and effective way and continuously improve knowledge and personal skills.
You have general knowledge of software development/testing and knowledge about the business domain for which you work.
You ensure that all development is completed in a consistent manner, taking into account development, system, testing and quality requirements. Flexibility, ownership and creativity are important mind-sets that are necessary for this function. The complexity of the job lies in ensuring a balance between running and changing the systems.
Required knowledge and experience
- 5 years experience as a software tester, preferably in datawarehouse environments
- Knowledge of software development tooling, automated testing tooling and monitoring/test tooling
- Up-to-date knowledge of test automation- tooling and tooling related to stubbing
- Unit testing
- Test techniques
- Agile software development
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and Continuous Delivery
- Source control systems
- System delivery and IT operations (DevOps)
- Strong SQL skills; read, understand and develop SQL queries
- Being able to read and understand Object Oriented and/or Procedural programming code (Microsoft .NET framework)
- Knowledge of Data Vault Modeling is considered a plus
- Knowledge of SAP Hana or Oracle RDBMS is considered a plus
Besides the Rabobank core competencies of Customer focus
, the following competencies are required for this position:
What we offer
- Inspire and influence
- Initiate improvements
- Result driven
- Communication power
- Organize and monitor
- Change driven
Rabobank offers a competitive salary and fringe benefits. Your salary depends on your education, knowledge and experience.
If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact Rogier Wolff, recruiter, 06- 13947329.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your letter of application, including job number and detailed CV in English, to Rogier Wolff, recruiter, using the ‘Apply’
The application procedure can include an assessment.
The Rabobank Group screens all interns and new employees according to the ‘Rabobank Screening Regulation’ in order to ascertain whether the applicant may hold a position at Rabobank.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Utrecht, IT specialist, Software Developer, IT Engineer, Software Tester.